- ION-MIN® Premium Calcium Montmorillonite (Bentonite) Clay
- 100% Natural
- No additives, colors, or fragrances
- Zero pathogens, toxins, or allergens
- Attracts heavy metals and toxins
- Neutralizes harmful particulates, pathogens, and toxins
- 50+ macro, micro and trace mineral nutrients
- 454g / 1lb powder terramin
- Expiry date: NEVER
What is TERRAMIN ION-MIN Clay?
TERRAMIN® is a spectacular mineral warehouse, delivery system and vending - buffering mechanism that works with your body's natural, selective nutrition absorption process. But it is much more. TERRAMIN is 100% natural and is a premium calcium montmorillonite clay. As such it is the world's most powerful all-natural detoxification system.
TERRAMIN® is a multifunctional mineral complex. It not only has vast mineral stores, but it also has a strong ionic cleansing capacity. One simple supplement...two vital functions!
While it acts as a potent nutrient source, TERRAMIN also functions as a natural internal cleanser. Using a powerful negative ionic molecular charge, this compound attracts heavy metals and pathogens that inhabit your body which cause aging and sickness. It is an amazingly simple and useful cleansing compound when used internally or when applied to the skin.
Calcium montmorillonite, also known as "living clay" for it principally consists of minerals that enhance the production of enzymes in all living organisms. California Earth Minerals calcium montmorillonite is called TERRAMIN. It is the preferred choice to use for soil, plants, animals and humans, especially when ingested, hence "edible clays." Benefits of calcium montmorillonite minerals have been documented in research conducted by many scientists and leading universities. Dr. B.H. Ershoff, from the University of Southern California School of Medicine, conducted research for NASA which demonstrated the growth promoting properties of calcium montmorillonite minerals in cattle.
TERRAMIN ION-MIN Calcium Montmorillonite is a clay mineral compound that is a member of the Smectite family. It typically is formed in micro sized thin sheet shaped platelets. It is a 2:1 clay, meaning that it has 2 tetrahedral sheets sandwiching a central octahedral sheet, with trace mineral anions bound to the surface areas.
Chemically it is hydrated calcium aluminum silicate hydroxide with many other elements including potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese and over 50 more mineral elements. It is part of the earth’s crust along with volcanic ash and other weathered elements formed millions/billions of years ago.
Terramin Suggested Use
Take 1 teaspoon at least 2 hours between meals for daily health protection. Contents do not expire.
Iron Content Concerns
ION-MIN® contains a large amount of beneficial iron in a buffered, bio-available form. If you have a rare disorder in which your blood accumulates iron and cannot regulate its ion utilization, you should not take this or other supplements containing iron.
You need not be concerned about iron poisoning with our product or any other calcium montmorillonite clay. The reason is the FDA warning is not about iron absorption. It refers to some forms of iron that irritate the stomach lining, and an FDA reaction to a temporary fluctuation in NPCC "poison" data in the 1990's.
The FDA reaction began data at the National Poison Control Center (NPCC) in 1994, in which some children accidentally ingested too much Ferrous Sulfate (FS). While FS can be corrosive to the stomach it was never a poisoning problem either in the population generally or in the sense that it was absorbed into the bloodstream.
The iron compound FS that caused a FDA concern in the 1990's is a derivative of an industrial process. It is a classic example of "dumping" byproducts onto consumer markets. Ferrous Sulfate (Fe So4) is an unnatural, chemical form production of iron. It is a corrosive and can hurt anyone's stomach, which makes one wonder why doctors were prescribing this particular chemical in the first place.
ION-MIN® edible products such as TERRAMIN® are nothing like this because they are a natural, safe and buffered form of iron. Our products contain Fe2O3, which is a natural iron oxide in ionic condition that can be assimilated without harming your stomach. Not only is the chemical form natural, but it resides in ionic suspension within silicate layers and won’t be easily assimilated unless the body demands it.
The human body has a powerful iron regulatory system that prevents over oxidation of the blood and organs. This is why the kids who were poisoned with the wrong form of iron were not ill from post digestive absorption of the iron. They were harmed by the corrosive as it lay in their little stomachs. However, the silica crystal delivery mechanism in ION-MIN® buffers your assimilation of the iron, and reabsorbs what the body doesn’t need in the digestive tract.
This is why iron oxide does not appear on the list of sources of poisoning in children or adults. And this is why calcium Montmorillonite products are listed by the FDA as GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe). On the contrary, many children are deficient in iron, and ION-MIN® is a terrific source of iron in a sustained-release form. But because the FDA demands that all supplements in tablet form carry the iron warning for any amount over 30 mg, we must and do comply.
Where is TERRAMIN ION-MIN Sourced?
California Earth Mineral’s clay ION-MIN is mined in the desert area in the Colorado River Delta basin in southern California. It is a high grade ultra-fine, very pure form of Calcium Montmorillonite clay.
Location is the reason our clay mineral product is so superior. ION-MIN® has been preserved in a hot, dry desert location many feet underground, protected from man's "footprint" in an open ionic state. Because the minerals originated from the pristine, nutrient-rich Colorado mountains, our compound contains a bounty of colloidal minerals in balanced proportions.
Applications for TERRAMIN Clay
- Human Nutritional supplements
- Cosmetics and cosmeceuticals
- Adsorbents–Removes Heavy Metals
- Animal Feed Supplement
- Environmental remediation
- Plant and Soil enrichment
- Water detoxifier, purifier and clarifier
Independant Lab Analysis
Certificate of Analysis (PDF)
Microbiology Analysis (PDF)
Bacterial Test 2005 (PDF)
- Don't inhale powders. No mineral powder is intended to be inhaled.
- Like most powders, don't get in your eyes. It is an irritant, although not a toxin.
- Drink plenty of water when consuming clay regularily.
- All Montmorillonite clays can be antagonistic to (cancel out) certain vitamins and minerals in supplements or foods. It does this by adsorbing and absorbing positive ionic substances. Don't take less than an hour before or after a meal.
- For the same reasons, don't take within an hour of taking prescription medications. It is not known to react or interact with medications, but it might neutralize some of their effect.
- Don't use to treat a disease without first consulting a physician or natural medical practitioner. Consult a physician before using during pregnancy.
- The FDA considers all Calcium Montmorillonite compounds to be "generally recognized as safe." It is one of only a few mineral materials allowed by the USDA to be used with foods labeled "organic." The US Cosmetics Review board gives it their highest safety rating. Many studies show no toxic effects even when consumed or used topically in moderate amounts over long periods of time. Quite the contrary, it will tend to detoxify and remineralize within any environment to which it is added: soil, water, and anatomy.